Sunday, 1 July 2012

A Place for Secrets

It's been three years since I've published anything here.

In that time I have written the odd post, here and there, but somehow I could never bring myself to make my thoughts public again.  I'd toy with the idea for a few days and then eventually it would be pass until the next time the thought would cross my mind again and yet another post would begin to emerge, only to be abandoned again.

But this time it is different.  So much has happened and it is all so hard to understand.   I used to write frequently in a journal that I keep beside my bed, but lately I have found it harder and harder to express my deepest thoughts there.  I fear that the pages will end up in the wrong hands and the damage they could do would be disastrous.
 
So I tell my secrets here.  The irony is not lost.  

Why write publicly if I feel the need to hide my thoughts?

But isn't that why you tell a secret?  To share the things that are not meant to be known?  To relieve the anxiety of knowing or feeling what you shouldn't?  Here I can tell my secrets again far from the world that knows me and safe in the hope that maybe I am not alone.

It's good to be back.

Cate xxx     

6 comments:

13messages said...

It's good to see you back. Maybe it's time I start blogging again as well.

My best to you and yours.

L. said...

OMG - CATE! How are you? It's been three+ years for me, too. I've often thought about returning. Your thoughts were missed. Maybe you aren't alone, indeed.

L. said...

(Checking the "email followup" box)

Cate said...

L.and 13messages, thanks so much for the messages!

I hope you both will blog again and help me make sense of things - I need all the help I can get.

Cate xxx

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Krazy said...

I am so glad you're back.
Yes, things have to be told to someone for some reason, otherwise it's almost like they didn't happen.